Canada rockies, Banff, lake Louise
Welcome to Canada! If you are planning to visit this unique country, you may need an electronic visa to Canada, known as eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization). It is a quick and convenient way to get authorization to travel to Canada without visiting an embassy or consulate.

Electronic visa to Canada

Electronic Visa to Canada, or eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is an electronic travel authorization to Canada for citizens of countries that do not require a visa when visiting the country. The eTA is a prerequisite if traveling to Canada by air. Visa-exempt citizens traveling to Canada by land or sea do not need an eTA, a valid passport is sufficient. The eTA is an alternative to the traditional visa and provides an easy and convenient way to apply for a permit to enter Canada online. The application is submitted and paid for online.

Lawful permanent residents or Canadian citizens with a valid Canadian passport or visa will not need an eTA to enter Canada.

e-Visa to Canada

To obtain an eTA, citizens of certain countries need to fill out an online application form, provide information about themselves (passport details, contact details, travel plans, etc.) and pay the appropriate fee. Once the application is submitted, processing the documents usually takes a few minutes, but sometimes it may take longer. Once the application is approved, the traveler is notified electronically that an eTA has been issued.

Obtaining an eTA is much cheaper, faster and easier than obtaining a traditional visa to Canada. When traveling to Canada, the traveler is required to carry an electronic or hard copy of the eTA to present to border officials when entering the country or crossing the border.

However, it is important to note that having an eTA does not guarantee automatic entry into Canada, the visa officer has the discretion to make a decision on entry upon arrival in Canada.

Period of stay in the country

Maximum stay of 180 days per entry

Number of entries


Visa period

Up to 5 years or until the passport expires


For tourism, business or transit purposes

It is important to note that not all foreign nationals can take advantage of the eTA program, some still need to apply for a traditional visa to enter Canada. It is recommended that you check the requirements specific to your nationality and travel circumstances.

Banner Icon

Questions and doubts? We'll help you understand!

Order a visa

Countries that can issue an electronic travel authorization to Canada

Antigua and Barbuda
Brunei Dar es Salaam
Costa Rica
Czech Republic
Hong Kong
New Zealand
Papua New Guinea
Republic of Cyprus
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
San Marino
Solomon Islands
South Korea
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
Vatican City

Documents for eTA processing

Valid passport

Payment of visa fee

Active e-mail address

to send an e-visa

Banner Icon

Questions and doubts? We'll help you understand!

Order a visa

Why contact us?

If you are planning to visit this amazing country and need to obtain an eTA for entry, we are here to help! We provide professional eTA assistance, guiding you through the entire process and providing you with the right information. Our team of experienced professionals will do everything to help you get an eTA without any hassle or delay. We offer a reliable solution for your Canada visa needs and guarantee your complete satisfaction. You can count on our professional support and assistance every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more about the requirements for an eTA and how we can help you get one. Don't miss the opportunity to visit Canada and make an unforgettable trip!

Frequently asked questions

What is the validity period of an electronic authorization to enter Canada?

Once you have an eTA, you will be able to visit Canada for the duration of its validity, which is usually up to 5 years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. You can enter Canada multiple times during this period, but each stay is limited to 6 months or less, according to the entry rules for eTA holders. If you get a new passport, you need to apply for a new eTA as it cannot be transferred from one passport to another. It is recommended that you apply for an eTA renewal in a timely manner when your passport details change.

Is it possible to apply for an electronic permit in Canada?

No, citizens eligible for an eTA must obtain authorization before traveling to Canada. eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is for citizens of visa-free countries who travel to Canada by air only.

Who doesn't need to apply for an eTA?

If you are a citizen of a country that is authorized to enter the country visa-free and you are coming to Canada by land or sea, you do not need an electronic travel authorization (eTA). Nor will you need an eTA to enter Canada for lawful permanent residents or Canadian citizens who hold a valid Canadian passport or visa.

Do children need to get an electronic permit?

Visa-free passport holders, including minors, are required to obtain an electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada. This also applies to children enrolled in their parents' passport. An eTA must be applied for separately for each passenger. Parents or guardians can complete the Canadian eTA application on behalf of their children. It is important to make sure that all details and information on the application are accurate and true.

What are the requirements for obtaining an electronic travel authorization (eTA) to Canada?

To obtain an electronic travel authorization (eTA) for Canada, you need to meet the following general requirements:

Be a citizen of one of the countries participating in the eTA Visa Waiver Program. This includes most European countries, the United States, Australia, New Zealand and others.

Your stay in Canada must be temporary and for tourism, business or transit purposes.

You must have a valid passport that will be used to apply for the eTA.

You must provide accurate and truthful information when completing the eTA application, including your identity, passport, contact information and previous visits to Canada, if any.

Do I need to get an eTA to transit through Canada?

For transit travel through Canada, visa requirements may depend on your nationality, your destination country and the length of your stay in Canada. If you are planning a stopover or layover in Canada and will need to leave the airport transit area for 48 hours or more, you may require a visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA). However, if your transit is limited to a short stay in the airport transit zone without leaving the transit zone, you will not need a visa.

Have questions about your visa application?

Send us your question and our manager will call you back promptly
Thank you for your message!
We will contact you as soon as possible.
Kind regards, team
An error occurred
Was the page helpful to you?
Rate Like
Rate Dislike
Need more details?
Want to leave feedback or a comment?
Found an error?
Leave a comment 
Thank you, your feedback is important for us!
An error occurred