Student visa

What does a study abroad visa provide?

A study visa is an opportunity for students to study outside their home country. A long-term student visa allows students to stay in the country for a long period of time and sometimes even work on a study visa to support themselves financially. A short-term student visa, on the other hand, provides an opportunity for short-term courses, such as language courses.

A study visa gives students the opportunity to study in another country and enter on a student visa. It allows students to immerse themselves in another culture, meet new people and broaden their horizons.

The term Student or Study visa refers to the authorization to enter a country associated with a certain type of educational opportunity. It can be obtained:

  • to study in licensed foreign educational institutions on a full-time basis with the issuance of diplomas, certificates or degrees;
  • to study in a master's or doctoral program;
  • to participate in exchange programs or other specialized educational programs organized by educational institutions, companies, individuals or government agencies;
  • for internships or advanced training courses that do not require special visas for trainees;
  • for language courses.

Obtaining a student visa can be a complex process, requiring various documents and requirements. You can contact our visa center for advice. We will help you to apply for a student visa to the country you are interested in.

Can I work on a study visa?

It is worth noting that in some countries a student visa can also give students the opportunity to work part-time. This allows students not only to support themselves financially, but also to gain valuable work experience in another country. Working on a study visa can be beneficial for students, as they can apply their acquired knowledge and skills in practice.


Most international students participating in full-time study at schools and universities in the United States receive an F-1 student visa. This type of visa allows you to work on campus up to 20 hours per week during the semester and up to 40 hours per week during official vacations. "On-campus work" means that the employer is the institution where the student is enrolled or its units, such as the library, dining hall, career or information centers.


If you are planning to study in the UK, please note that international students have the right to work in the country when arriving on a Tier 4 visa. This visa is issued for programs longer than six months. The work permit will depend on your educational program and institution. You will be able to work up to 10 or 20 hours per week during the academic semester, and up to 40 hours per week during official vacations.


If you decide to find work in Australia while studying, students on a student visa are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week while studying and up to 40 hours during official vacation periods. However, it is important that your employer provides an official document containing the working conditions and your wage per hour. This wage must not be lower than the established minimum wage.


If you receive a study permit to enter an academic program that lasts more than 6 months, you may be able to work on or off campus. You must be a full-time student at a public or licensed private institution in Canada. Work restrictions also apply in Canada, namely that you can work up to 20 hours per week during the semester and up to 40 hours per week during vacation periods.

What documents do I need to apply for a student visa?

Students need to collect all the necessary documents to obtain a visa. After that, students must apply for a student visa and, if necessary, have an interview at a consulate or embassy.

Applying for a student visa is an important step for a student who seeks to study abroad. Such an experience can be life-changing, providing the student with new opportunities and perspectives. Obtaining a student visa is an important step in achieving a student's educational and career goals.

The list of required documents includes:

Travel passport

must be valid for the entire duration of the visa and at least 3-6 months after its expiration. The requirements should be checked with the diplomatic mission of the host country.

Completed application/questionnaire

Documents confirming already existing education or qualifications

certificates, diplomas, diplomas, certificates

Confirmation of consular fee payment

The cost of processing depends on the country of destination, period of planned stay, speed of application processing and other factors. You can clarify the information in our visa center.

Certificate of no criminal record

In some cases it is not required, but in most cases it is required for those who have reached the age of full responsibility

Have questions about your visa application?

Send us your question and our manager will call you back promptly
Thank you for your message!
We will contact you as soon as possible.
Kind regards, team
An error occurred
Was the page helpful to you?
Rate Like
Rate Dislike
Need more details?
Want to leave feedback or a comment?
Found an error?
Leave a comment 
Thank you, your feedback is important for us!
An error occurred